Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays, but not for the reason you’d expect. Of course I love the food and family time, it’s wonderful. For me though, the best part of Thanksgiving is what happens after everyone goes home. That’s when I get the chance to truly express my gratitude for all the bounties the past year has provided. This year, I am especially thankful for sexual pleasure. Here are some toy suggestions to get your “creative juices flowing” as you contemplate things that might bring you sexual pleasure on Thanksgiving.
Solo Stuffing: For Those Lonely Holiday Nights
1. I’d like to start my list by giving thanks for a toy that really pulls its own weight. The Fun Factory Stronic Eins, which thrusts instead of vibrating, takes all of the work out of sex for one. We all know that sleepy feeling that comes after hours of eating Thanksgiving fare. This toy is perfect for when you just don’t have the energy to stuff yourself but still want the results.
2. For insertion, strap-on sex, and/or packing and playing, I love the New York Toy Collective Carter dildo. At 2" in diameter it's deliciously girthy, but the soft and squishy silicone allows you to take more than you'd expect. It has a metal core that bends so you can find the perfect curve for your body!
4. If you’re in the mood for some bum rumbling, I suggest the Tantus Perfect Plug Plus. It has velvety matte silicone and gorgeous curves that feel good in all of the right places. Like all Tantus vibrators, it has a watch-battery bullet vibe that is removable that I like to replace with the We-Vibe Tango (below).
3. For dual stimulation, I love the We-Vibe 4 Plus. It’s designed for couples, but I find the logistics mind boggling. Thankfully, it comes with an app so that you can stimulate your partner across time and space! This is great for long distance relationships, work trips, or just different rooms of the house. Yay phone sex! It’s also nice because the U shape allows you to “set it and forget it” (sound familiar?) while you can use your hands to stimulate other parts of your body, or turn the page in your current erotic novel. I recommend Rachel Kramer Bussel’s “Best Bondage Erotica 2014.”
5. For those who prefer their stuffing to remain outside of the turkey, I offer the We-Vibe Tango. Back when I was a novice sex geek, I used to flip my rabbit vibes upside down so I could have solely clitoral stimulation. Now I know there are a veritable carnalcopia (see what I did there?) of options for clitoral vibes, but this toy is definitely my favorite.
Stuffing Your Partner: Even Better Than The Last Piece of Pie
6. I love the Fun Factory Share for mutual stuffing. It has a bulbous end that can go inside of one partner and a phallic dildo for penetrating the other partner. Like most of my favorite toys, it's made of silicone (yay non-porous toys!)
7. Since Thanksgiving is about sharing, I thought I’d share some insight from my dear friend (and Head Smarty of Smut) Lady Cheeky: “I have small hands so sometimes I can’t reach my partner’s P-spot. The “come hither” finger-like curve on the Pro Touch Vibrator allows me to pleasure him and also gives me the option of vibration. I’ve never had a complaint.”
Don’t Forget The Gravy!
No one likes dry meat, and genitals are no exception. I recommend lube for any genital contact–solo or partnered. My current favorite lube is Sliquid Sassy. It's a thick water-based lube that's marketed for anal sex, but is great for all types of play. There are all different kinds of lubes to choose from, depending on your needs. For use with toys, I suggest a water-based or hybrid lube. The jury is still out on silicone lubes being used with silicone toys, but I prefer to err on the side of caution, particularly when there’s an expensive toy on the line. Use silicone lube for metal or glass toys, or for lubricating gloved (or naked) fingers. I love Sliquid's entire line of lubes, so find one that suits your needs!
Raise Your Glass
There are a lot of things to love about Thanksgiving: connection with loved ones, a chance to express gratitude for what we have, and let’s not forget the incredible food. I hope that you create new traditions and experience profound joy in whatever (and whomever) you choose to do on this festive occasion. If you're going on a long car ride today and want to listen to something more stimulating than the radio, be sure to check out my podcast Carnalcopia. Bottoms up!
What are you thankful for this Thanksgiving? Let me know below!